The global battery monitoring system (BMS) market is expanding due to rising data centre expenditures and a growing need for battery monitoring systems in data centres, as well as the need to avoid unplanned power outages.
Furthermore, factors such as increasing renewable energy generation, increasing demand for electric cars, and the high prices of fuels used in combustion (IC) engines have prompted the need for EVs and the need to avoid unforeseen outages & growing demand for Portable device for energy storage have fuelled the rise in Battery Monitoring system BMS Market.
A battery monitoring system is a device that is linked directly to lead acid and nickel cadmium batteries. It collects and transmits battery performance data till the battery dies. Similarly, it analyses and monitors battery characteristics 24 hours a day, seven days a week, giving important data every second and generating reports that aid in reducing battery degradation and unforeseen power outages. The main objective of the battery monitoring system is to:
- Users are informed about the current state of the battery bank.
- Examining the condition of each battery individually
- Battery failures are being monitored and consumers are being notified.
- Updating the net charge in the battery bank as well as the backup time.
Each battery has a monitoring sensor attached to it. The sensor monitors the charging and discharging current of individual battery cells. These data are sent to the controller of the monitoring system. The data is saved in the monitoring system controller and then trended with the battery monitoring software.
The programme converts raw data into usable performance information. The user receives alarm warnings via email and/or text messages from the controller. The programme allows users to quickly and easily obtain battery measurement data as well as previous data for trends analysis on a PC. The battery monitoring programme makes identifying issues, doing predictive analysis, and creating simple and clear reports a breeze.
A battery monitoring system is now required in every data centre. It is critical for a data centre to keep their service operating, and even a brief power outage can result in significant financial losses, damaging the company’s reputation. A growing number of data centres are becoming aware of the benefits of adopting a battery monitoring system in order to decrease the danger of power outages. As a result, the need for battery monitoring in data centres is increasing in order to keep their businesses running and to be in a safer zone.
As the use of telecom devices grows, it is probable that the requirement for continuous service will expand as well. Customers are inclined to seek for an alternate service provider if a firm fails to offer continuous service. The lack of backup power is a huge setback for the telecommunications sector and its consumers. Not only would this result in a financial loss, but it will also reduce staff productivity. As a result of their awareness that their system requires constant monitoring, several telecommunications companies have explored implementing a battery monitoring system.
Battery Monitoring System (BMS) helps to avoid costly downtime and protects the business from loss by increasing the life span of the battery, lowering maintenance replacement costs, and saving time because the battery data is remotely available and can be monitored, allowing for the identification of potential faults at the cell and battery levels.
- Rising Demand for Battery Monitoring Systems for Data Center Applications
- Increased environmental concern and adoption of Electric Vehicle as well as Government policies in favour of lowering tariffs and customs duties on electric and hybrid electric vehicles that use BMS.
- Hitachi ABB Power Grids said in August 2021 that it has received an order to deliver its Grid-eMotion Fleet smart-charging infrastructure solution to Västers, one of Sweden’s major cities, allowing it to sustainably grow its electric bus fleet. Holmbergs EL AB was awarded the contract, and will deliver the project to public transportation operator Svealandstrafiken AB. The shift to an electrified transportation sector is critical to hastening Sweden’s transition to a carbon-neutral energy future. The Swedish government is aiming to cut transportation emissions by 70% by 2030 (relative to 2010) in order to meet its Paris Agreement target of net zero emissions by 2045.
- Schneider Electric has enhanced its EcoStruxure IT Expert management tool with predictive battery maintenance, as well as other remote management enhancements. All of the product improvements, which were unveiled at the commencement of a series of online Schneider Innovation Summits, increase remote control of power supplies used at the Edge. Schneider will incorporate pre-installed networking in select uninterruptible power supply (UPS) products and will offer a new remotely controlled power distribution unit (PDU) for Edge usage.
Blackridge Research’s Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market report provides insights into the current global market demand and regional market demand scenario and its outlook.
The study offers a detailed analysis of various factors instrumental in affecting the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) market’s growth. The study also comprehensively analyses the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) market by segmenting it based on region (North America, South America, Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Rest of the world).
The Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market report also addresses present and future market opportunities, market trends, developments, and the Covid 19 impact on the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) market during the forecast period, important commercial developments, trends, regions, and segments poised for the fastest-growth (including market growth rate), competitive landscape.
Further, the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market report will also provide Battery Monitoring System (BMS) market size (total Battery Monitoring System (BMS) market revenue), demand forecast, Industry growth rates (CAGR), Market Share of key market players, and trade (imports and exports).
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Methodology
3. Market Analysis
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Market Dynamics
- 3.2.1. Drivers
- 3.2.2 Restraints
- 3.3 Market Trends & Developments
- 3.4 Analysis of Covid-19 Impact
- 3.5 Market Opportunities
- 3.6 Market Size and Forecast
4. Industry Analysis
- 4.1 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.2 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5. Regional Market Analysis
- 5.1 North America
- 5.2 Europe
- 5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4 Rest of the World
6. Key Company Profiles
- 6.1 HBL Power System Limited
- 6.2 Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 6.3 Schneider Electric
- 6.4 SOCOMEC Group AG
- 6.5 Texas Instruments Incorporated
- 6.6 Nuvation Energy
7. Competitive Landscape
- 7.1 List of Notable Players in the Market
- 7.2 M&A, JV, and Agreements
- 7.3 Market Share Analysis
- 7.4 Strategies of Key Players
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
List of Tables & Figures
This report helps to:-
- Gain a deeper understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on the Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market.
- Equip yourself with rigorous analysis and forward-looking insight into Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market.
- Gain an understanding of uncertainty and discover how the country’s most influential growth drivers and barriers will impact market development.
- Evaluate the industry’s attractiveness and gain a comprehensive view of the emerging market trends and developments to identify opportunities and develop a strategy.
- Discover information on government policy and regulations in the country
- Gain perspectives and insights about the industry’s current state and how the market is likely to evolve in the next five years.
- Keep abreast of the project activity and developments in the country.
- Understand the market and its participants to make the best strategic decisions
Who need this report?
- Contract Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Raw Materials & Component Suppliers
- Investor Community
Report – Global Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market Outlook to 2026
Market Data – Global Battery Monitoring System (BMS) Market Outlook to 2026
About Blackridge Research & Consulting
Blackridge Research & Consulting is a premier market research and consulting organization covering the Global energy transformation. The company provides an objective, independent and holistic view of the markets and presents critical insights essential to help clients make better business decisions and develop transformational business growth strategies.
Key offerings include:
• Market Research Reports
• Custom Research Services
• Global Project Tracker Service
• Solar Intelligence Hub
• Wind Intelligence Hub
To get in touch with us, please use visit the Contact Us page.